When I heard that Giada De Laurentiis had a new cookbook out, I really wanted to check it out. As you may know (or may not) I’ve had a girl crush on her ever since I made her Linguine with Shrimp and Lemon Oil. Giada actually lost her place to Heidi Swanson and her Quinoa Patties, but may regain it, as I have fallen in love with this Kale and Mushroom Wrap.
This recipe tastes so much better than it sounds, especially with the addition of dried cranberries and feta.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch kale, (8 oz.) stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 2 oz feta crumbled
- 4 multigrain wraps (10 inch) (I used a pita)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the red onion, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook for about 8 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the kale and cook for about 8 minutes, or until wilted.
- Add the broth and the cranberries. Bring to a boil and scrap the brown bits that cling to the bottom fo the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the goat cheese.
- Divide the filling among the wraps and fold each wrap like a burrito then cut in half and serve.
- Serve hot.
- I add more vegetable if I have them on hand. On this particular day, I added a yellow squash.