I created this Toddler Bed Canopy for under $12 and 12 minutes with 5 easy steps.
(Printable Instructions at bottom.)
My little princess loves sleeping under it!
The beauty of this canopy is that you can leave it plain, like I did, or embellish it. And it can be made for boys. Think about using blue drapes and decorating with glow in the dark stars.
- One Hula Hoop, cost = $1.00 (mine had 22″ diameter)
- Two* 84″ Long Sheer Window Panels (38″ W), cost = $4.50 each,
(I used drapes over tulle because the edges are finished, cutting out a step for me!)
- One 48″ piece of ribbon, cost = very little, (I had a roll of pink tulle ribbon in for gift wrapping.)
- Hook to hang canopy, cost = $1.00
*Depending on the circumference of your hula hoop and the width of your panel, you could only need one.
Not pictured -
needle and thread
1. Cut hoop to allow you to thread the drape onto the hoop.
2. Lay out drapes. Take the top rod pocket and fold the fabric down 12″. Make small stitches at both sides of drape (at bottom of rod pocket) and 2 places in between along the rod pocket.
3. Thread hoop through rod pocket, secure cut ends of the hoop with glue/tape to make a loop again.
4. Thread ribbon through the 12″ pocket you just created in step 2.
5. Tie loosely so top of canopy gathers. Sew back of panels together in a few places. Hang and enjoy!